hi , i was just curious, i got a depo shot feb 6 and around the middle of may i had start to get prenancy like symptoms i was suppose to get the 2nd shot begging of may. well anyways i know you can get pregnancy like symtoms w/the depo, but i took a home pregnancy test and it showed positive, so i went to the clinic took the test again about 3day later it sd no. I told the doctor about the test so i got a blood test done it sd >5 the doctor asked me when my last period was , told him i dont cuz of the depo, he sd well that changes the whole test cuz i'm on the depo it may interfer the test. and a window may be open,how ofted does it happen where a blood test can be wrong and if i am pregnant how long will it take to show? thnx

From my knowledge working at planned parenthood, and deaing with blood pregnancy tests, birth control doesn't matter as far as accuracy of a pregnancy test. I honestly do not know why he told you this... IT is RARE to get a FALSE positive, but it does happen! ESPECIALLY if you read the test incorrectly, or you wait too long to read the results. THERE are also tests with "Disappearing positives" where it shows a positive result in the window, but then disappears in a few minutes....

http://www.peeonastick.com
has info about disappearing positives.

THE FACT is that if you are pregnant a PREGNANCY HORMONE WILL show up in your blood or urine, and birth control should not matter at all! PERHAPS you should get a retest done at a place like planne dparenthood =) It is low cost, and they are very helpful!

well a friend of mine got pregnant on the depo and she went to take a pregnancy test cuz she got the symptoms and it was a home prenancy test it sd no and she took like 5 or 6 of them at her doctors office and they all sd no actually one of them was a faint half of a line and then she did a blood test and it sd no. She ended up being pregnant and when she finally got a postive she was already 4 and half month it was the 2nd blood test that finally showed it. And it also happen to another friend of mine i think she got pregnant either on the depo or just after her missed shot, but she went to take a blood test and she took 2 in sd no it was the 3rd one that showed yes. I guess does it depend on your body cuz she was 3 months along. How far along usually are you if your pregnant for the blood text to show positive.

A blood pregnancy test WILL show a pregnancy at 2-3 weeks pregnant, which is earlier than a URINE test will show...

Hmmmm. If you want, you can convey your concerns to the doctor and have an ultrasound to MAKE SURE 100% =)

I don't know if your intentions are to keep th pregnancy or have an abortion, but obviously finding out when you are 3-4 months pregnant would be a shock..It is also more expensive to have an abortion at that timeframe.

You can always ask for an ultrasound... BUT IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I have never seen a blood test SHOW NO and the woman end up being pregnant..UNLESS SHE WAS TOO EARLY!

You will not get an ACCURATE RESULT until about 14 days after sex, so if it has not been that long, you should wait.