I'm 14 yrs old and got circumcised 4 days ago. It was rather entertaining when I passed out in hospital as it was the first time I'd had a General anaesthetic. Got the dressing off which was a relief. The shaft is swollen so the glands is off to a wonky angle which makes urinating interesting. Its all very sensitive at the moment, off school at the moment so don't have to move around that much. Going on holiday in a month,

Will I be able to walk around comfortably by then?

Also what can I do to make it heal easier?

Yes sure you will, so long as you do everything to help the healing process, here's a couple of pointers.

If you wear loose boxers, you might be wise in investing in some either briefs or some skin-tight boxers. This helps your little chap to stay close too you and not get knocked around whilst walking

Keep it clean, and covered with a gauze bandage or pad for at least two weeks, this helps to prevent the stitches from catching in your underwear.
Using a thin layer of an ointment such as Vaseline will help promote the healing and reduce the chance of your penis bleeding, the skin sticking to the gauze and taking you back to square one. Also don't use any antiseptic ointments as people quite often think is best, yes they do kill germs but actually prevent new skin from forming as fast.
Bearing this in mind be careful when taking your bandage off for the first few days after the initial bandage has come off, perhaps sit in a bath just up to your groin area and let the water soak in, helping ease off the bandage. One you have done this, empty the water and refill so you can have a bath to get the rest of you clean. You may find it stings a little when you put soap anywhere near it, you might be wise to rinse off under the shower or tap after.

Try to prevent nocturnal erections pulling on the stitches, empty your bladder before going to sleep and a few times during the night.

Other than that you’ll be fine for holiday, so long as you don’t go running around too much or playing games which end up with you getting hit in the balls with balls - trust me you will writhe in agony if that happens!

In total it'll probably take about 2-3 months to completely heal, until then just use your common sense!
Enjoy your break!

Thanks for the tips, :-)

At the moment if the glands touch anything it is very painful, hopefully wearing a gauze or pad will stop this. How long will it take for the glands to not hurt when I'm wearing normal clothes?

It can vary from person to person, depending on what advice they decide to listen to from their doctors!

Personally I stopped recognizing the pain after about two and a half weeks. It was only when I pressed against something or sat down and my penis got 'trapped' between my legs that I felt uncomfortable.

If you do have trouble a light painkiller won't do any harm but try not to think "I'll take one for the next few weeks" as you won't feel the benefit when you really do need them.

Have you got anyone in your family you can talk to or even a close friend? Sometimes some of the pain is also psychological, and you imagine there is pain when really its just a little discomfort. I chose my cousin, we are very close since a young age, and yes he took p--- a bit, but the relaxed attitude helped us to talk about it and although it was in fun it helped to get off my chest, what was really annoying me in my pants!

I think everyone is different as far as how long it takes to desensitize the glans. I might suggest buying some cotton gloves and cutting the fingers off to put over it. I would think that would keep it from rubbing while allowing it to stay dry. It probably won't take away all the discomfort but it should help.

I didn't get circed but I did desensitize my glans because I was tired of it hurting whenever it got exposed and rubbed against my clothing. To do that I held my foreskin all the way back, cleaned it with rubbing alcohol to get rid of the stickiness and then caressed it with my fingers for as long as I felt like doing it. Usually 20 minutes or more, otherwise I felt there was probably no point in doing it. I did that at least every day and more than once a day if I had time. After the first week it was not really uncomfortable to rub it and it actually felt good so I began masturbating like that.

Of course mine wasn't permanently exposed like yours, because it went back inside the foreskin when I put it away so it will probably not take as long for yours to become desensitized. I tried to put it in my pants with the head exposed but the rubbing against my underwear caused an erection which I had to beat down. I didn't mind having to do that but sometimes I didn't have time.

So I think you can probably have a lot of fun with the desensitizing process, if you want to.

Maybe if you put the finger of a glove over it you can rub it through the glove to help speed up the desensitization.

I wouldn't worry about 'rubbing' anywhere for the time being Palmtree77,

You want your chap to heal as soon as possible, if you had a cut on your head, you wouldn't like him to jump out your pants and beat you?!

If you don't masturbate you don't need to read on.
If you do, you feel you really need to and can tolerate an erection try just lightly rubbing your finger up and down your frenulum. It takes a but of patience but does the job just as well, if not better.

Going back to my note on painkillers, avoid asprin as they thin the blood and have an anti-clotting agent.

Hey, It's nearly been a week since I had it done. The sensitivity had dulled a bit on the skin that rubs agains't any clothing i'm wearing.

The surgeon used dissolvable stitches, when they dissolve will it hurt? will it bleed a bit?

It is not usual for dissolvable stitches to be noticed that they are going - they just 'go'
Whilst you are conscious of the stitches dissolving be also conscious of the fact that your penis is healing.
Don't try pulling at them thinking, 'it should be gone by now' or 'its halfway out, I'll pull it the rest' Just leave nature to do its work.
You said 'When they dissolve' in actual fact they are already, just very very slowly to keep in time with the healing.
So long as you just keep it clean, and not knock it about, you should be fine.

Further to that, and I know it's easy for me to say, try to just forget about it.
Try and concentrate your thoughts on something else.
This time next month you'll be wondering what on earth you were worrying about!
But as I said, if you need to talk to someone try a close friend, trust me it helps.

Take Care

Hello, back again.

The incision is pretty much healed now.

I've noticed that when I get erections now I get a tugging feeling.

Is this something to worry about?

hi palmtree,

i am 29 years old and in the same boat as you- or you were. I got mine done 2 days ago- took off the bandage today. The galnds are very very sensetive- anything i wear/touches- its painful. i am travelling in 3 weeks. can you tell me how long before you were able to walk comfortablly? w/o any pain?

i also start work in 4 days, will my glands be okay to tolerate that? thanks.

I Was Circumcised 3/22/12 And My Glands Are Still Sensitive And Wondering If Pouring Warm Water Over The Glans Would Desensitize The Glans Faster Enough To Be Able To Wear Boxer Briefs

I don't think pouring water on it will make it get there quicker. The water is used so your fingers will slide over it easier with less pain when beginning the desensitization process so it actually makes it take longer.

You need to get rid of any stickiness so it's completely dry so it will not stick to the shorts as it moves. I also think that boxers will allow a lot of movement while briefs would sort of hold it close to you and prevent a lot of extra movement.

The only way to speed up the desensitization is to increase the amount of touching/rubbing it gets. I was not in a hurry because I was able to just put it back inside it's foreskin when I wasn't working on it. (Playing with it?) I think you need to keep working on it as often as you can. Get it clean and dry so it's not sticky and keep rubbing it all over. Are you healed enough so erections are not a problem? Just be careful not to get it raw as it's quite tender at first. When I started I found it was quite easy to work up a raw spot on mine while masturbating and then I had to wait for that to heal. It was usually ok in a day or two but I had to stop playing with it until it was.

So for a freshly bared glans, I think keeping it clean and dry and a lot of touching is the key.

IT IS REALY PAINFULL

i got a circumcision a couple days ago and now my right testicle is hurting. what do think is causing this?