hi..I am a 56 year old who was circumcised three weeks ago.i am having problems because the head of my penis is so sensitive I cannot touch it or wear pants/boxers.tried a dressing but found it sticks so badly its too painful and damaging to remove.i am desperate to get back to work but can see no improvement even after three weeks.

I was in my 30s when I decided to desensitize mine as it was also super sensitive. I figured that it needed to be exposed and touched a lot to accomplish that but it really was painful to do that just as you describe. What I did was use rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to wash the head so it was no longer sticky. Then I found a piece of really soft flannel that I was able to rub it with all over. Doing this as often as I could and for a long as I could stand it each time did the trick. In a short time I was able to do away with the cloth and use just my fingers.

The rubbing alcohol feels cold at first, then warm, then it tingles but it never hurt and was necessary to do away with the stickiness so what I rubbed over it didn't stick because that hurt a lot. Eventually with the fingers I was able to apply more and more pressure while rubbing and it began to feel good so I followed through with masturbation. Now, even though I still have my foreskin, I wouldn't consider masturbating without holding my foreskin back tight and rubbing my dry glans. So I feel if you work on the desensitization like I did you are going to love your new bare glans. Don't give get discouraged.

The foreskin has many functions. One very important function is to cover and protect the sensitive head of the penis. Without a foreskin the glans penis has no protection.

The condition that you report is normal after circumcision.

You might try some Vaseline on the head.