I am a post kidney transplant of 13 years. I would like to travel to China to visit my daughter. I would also like to travel to other out of the way places in the future. Is this inadvisable? My relatives seem to think so.

How has your general health been? Are you having any problems?

I would check with my doctor but if you've been having no problems for this length of time I don't see why you couldn't travel. They do have health care in China if you needed it or you could always be evacuated home fairly quickly, worst case.

Good luck and happy traveling.

I imagine that you will be able to travel in CHina unless you have any serious health issues. I think it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it and see what s/he says about what you should do and see if there's a way for you to travel to locales that are a little off the beaten path. Keep us posted on what your doctor says.