As everyone else states on here, the healing time appears to be different for everyone, but I am a little disturbed at my pace of healing. Had Laprascopic bilateral inguinal hernia repair almost three weeks ago, there was also a third inguinoscrotal hernia, this is day 19. Before the surgery I had chronic testicular pain for the past 4 1/2 months due to different diagnosis of epididymitis and prostatitis and went through several bouts of antibiotics with no significant results. Gradually over the past few months pain was getting worse, pain in the groin, back of my legs, hips and even tingling in my back. The pain was definitely worse when sitting and it's a weird kind of pain, more of a really uncomfortable feeling not stabbing pain, it also gave me somewhat of a nervous feeling, maybe just anxiety not knowing what was gong on. Also worse when I smoke marijuana. This really started to affect my life and finally after several visits to my primary care doc we checked for inguinal hernia but he couldnt find one, but advised me to see a surgeon who would be able to find it if there was one. I made the appointment with a laproscopic surgeon who couldnt find the hernia either but suggested exploratory laparoscapy and if they found any hernias they would fix them. Well they found 3 hernias and fixed them, first few days were rough but by day 6, I was doing basic cleaning around the house and could walk the dog although somewhat gingerly. Swelling was really bad the first week but after speaking to doc he suggested briefs instead of boxers or a jock strap. Felt the jock strap dug into my groin too much and hurt so I went to briefs which made a big difference. Spermatic cord is still very swollen to this day and Now, Even after all this I still have the same pain and discomfort that I had before the surgery. I mentioned this to the doc on my follow up and he said its normal will resolve eventually. I believed him at first but now its almost three weeks post op, I need to go back to work soon and still feeling this way. doctor said its the nerves, whether it be genito-femoral or ilioinguinal, he called it neuralgia or neuropathy and said there is still swelling and could take 6 weeks or more to resolve. Has anyone else heard this and have they been through this, has it resolved eventually?

Yes. Its normal, I had a right laparoscopic surgery and the pain came and went for almost 2 years. Its scar tissue and the inside of the body takes FOREVER to heal. Sitting was painful, standing, bending over, but the pain dissipated almost completely after a few months with occasional multi day swelling if I did strenuous activity over the course of a year or 2. That was 5 years ago, no issues since then, now my left side is feeling weird but not the same. Im male 34yrs old, 205lbs, relatively healthy. So I wouldnt worry too much.