I had caesarean section & two incisional hernias (Last with & first without mesh) previously.  The stitches looked like clear plastic or fishing line. I was afraid to have them removed incase I came open again.  I cut the end off after many monthe because it was sore & causing a rash. I cannot remember which operation it was. but the incisional cut twice in the same place is barely visible. Six  weeks ago  I had umbilical, incisional & inguinal hernias repaired (together) betwen the inguinal & oposite side I had a tube inserted to catch the blood from the ingunesl hernia across to the other side. I kept forgetting the attached bottle was under right side of bed when getting out several times from left. Both sides are sore, swollen like soft balloons or half filled water bottles &  as is  my ceasarean scar & the bone beneath it. The cut has not been sore or swollen.The incisional & inguinal are mesh

Hey there,

I know how you fell. This pain is something worst that I have ever experienced. It is so discomfort, and it least forever after surgery of inguinal hernia. I believe that swelling and soreness is something usually after this procedure, maybe I am wrong, but something like this my doctor told me after operation. I did not experience those problems like you, but I felt horrible because I do know how long you need to recover totally from it. This is normal and you don’t have to be afraid so much. All you need to do is see your doctor very often because that is the right way to keep this problem under control.

Good luck! 

Thank you. Hope you feel better soon