Hello, I recently was out with my boyfriend today, I touched the top of his penis but it was still inside his pants, I felt a wet patch from the precum then looked at my finger there was no liquid on it, I also wiped that finger and hand afterwards slightly. Afterwards I went to the bathroom(didn't wash my hands yet) and before wiping I touched a pad with the finger I touched his precum patch with, I know it might seem like an extremely stupid question but I'm very worried could I possible get pregnant from this? He last ejaculated last night and had obviously urinated a good few times since then. I'm a 17 year old and it's not really possible for me to get a pregnancy test without my family knowing. To sum up I didn't actually touch his penis just the outside of his pants that was wet over the precum, then accidentally touched that finger off the pad in my underwear and I'm just wondering if it's possible that sperm could have stayed on it and since the pad is touching off down there that I could get pregnant? Please help I'm extremely worried.

Health Guru
I would say it is extremely unlikely unlikely you are hun :-)
I take it your on your period seeing as your using a pad?

No sorry to clear it up, I'm expecting my period next week I ment just a light pad for discharge, I just touched a damp patch with my left finger, then went to the bathroom but that finger touched the pad and I pulled my underwear back up then, so does that mean its highly unlikely I am? There wasn't even any liquid on my finger afterwards and like I said he urinated a good few times since he last ejaculated, sorry for being paranoid just really worried :(

Health Guru
Dont worry hunny as i said it is highly unlikely you would get pregnant as you wiped your finger then without realising you had probably rubbed it against your clothes then when you pulled your underwear down it would me got wiped even more.

Thank you so much you've no idea how this has made me calm down, being realistic it's not like I put my finger inside me with precum on it it was just maybe a little on the pad and like I said I did probably touch a lot more stuff afterwards, thank you so much again really great help :)

Health Guru
For any to travel into your vagina would mean your labias would me had to be wet as would your vagina to but as i said dont worry hunny chances are very unlikely you are :-)

Well I think I was a bit wet since we were..you know messing around is that bad? I literally don't think there was any sperm in the precum I barely touched it and there wasn't even a patch?

Can you please answer urgently again I'm really starting to worry now and am not sure should I tell my mom and get a morning after pill?

Health Guru
Dont worry hun you only touched the et rabid on his pants so there is 1 barrier you wiped your finger there is the second barrier and you say last time he cum was the night before that's the third barrier if your pregnant after that it would bad a miracle baby so you better do the lottery lol :-)

Yeah I suppose that makes sense :) thank you very much for your help again, I also told my mom since I felt I had to and she completely understood and said the same there's a very slim chance, thank you again and fingers crossed! :)

Health Guru
Your welcome hun and you must have a really good understanding mum :-)

Don't worry. The simple answer is that sperm can only swim, and are not likely to swim through fabric (unless very open-weave ). If any had got through, they would have been stranded on your pad which would have dried any liquid.

Worst case scenario that sperm did get on the pad, would it make a difference if i happened to be wet at the time? I obviously wiped after going to the toilet so the wetness also would have been wiped, but saying it wasnt couldn't the sperm swim in that then? Also to my delight I found out I began ovulation on Thursday and this all happened Wednesday. It's very hard to tell pregnancy symptoms apart from ovulation ones, I've been having irregular menstrual cycles for the past 2 months as in my 2nd last one was 34 days and my last one 35. Using the technique subtracing 14 or 15 days from 35 I believe I ovulated or am in the process since the 14th or 15th. So my period should hopefully come either the 28th of February or 1st of March. Taking all of this into account I still hope it's near impossible that I am actually pregnant.

Health Guru
As i have been telling you hun i dont think you have anything to worry about at all :-)

It would make no difference. The pad would absorb any wetness from your urination. The wetness would have to be inside your vagina anyway, so we are talking about vaginal secretions to allow the sperm to swim in. However, your urine would also kill any sperm, so there is no risk from that.
Hope this helps to put your mind at rest.