My name is Alison I am expecting my 5th baby and i'm 22 weeks i also have 4 other children with my husband they are aged 11, 9, 8 and 4. We also have a step daughter living with us she came to live with us about a year ago as she had fallen out with her mother. She turned 13 in February of this year and since she's become a teenager she has been an absolute madam she doesn't realise that both her dad and I both worry/love her and that shouting at us is not good for the family full stop. She has also been sleeping around so to stop her becoming pregnant i asked her to go on the pill but recently she has been so rebellious that i'm not sure she's been taking them.

I thought that she has fallen pregnant as she is having that all the early symptoms that i've had in the past and I knew that the only way to know for certain is to get her to take a pregnancy test but i wasn't convinced she would do it, so i bought one and left it in her room. She did the test and it came back positive which was a bit of a shock to both of us. I'm not sure what to do now that we know.

Wel you all seem like a close family what ever decision she make she's gunna need all the support she can get. I'm sure shel make the right choice

If she has a problem or opposition to your explanations of her condition, take her to a good counselor ASAP who will explain the need of being a responsible adult in order to have a baby. Explain her all of the risks involved and her age related issues. Visit some good video's on youtube and some webpages which may be good, bookmark them and let her visit these in private. Maybe she will realize her follies? Else a good psychiatrist is always good

Yeah I agree on getting a counselor.. Look at the options you have.. Keep the baby.. not keep the baby. Being mad about it and chastising her would be pointless as the damage is already done. It's time to be serious with her. Let her know she made these choices like an adult would and now she is gonna have to think like an adult and figure out whats going on with this baby. This is gonna have to be a family decision so best set up a meeting where ALL parents are involved. And since we all know how emotional we get when we're pregnant.. stress to all parents how careful you need to be with words. She is already pregnant so being mean and calling names and stuff isn't gonna do anything but freak her out. And maybe now is the time to educate her about sex and all that fun stuff and consider getting a birth control that she doesn't have to try and remember to take every day. Even as a 23 yr old I'm horrible at taking pills regularly. I got the Implanon birth control and that lasts for three years. I loved it! 

Alison,
Have you and your step daughter made any decisions yet? I know that this seems overwhelming and I don't envy your situation. I can tell you that there are many couples who would welcome the opportunity to raise this child in a living home. In fact, they would take it as a blessing. I hope this alternative perspective leaves you both with a possible happy solution.

My best to you and your family.