I am not in a relationship and had sex with 2 different guys. The first guy was April 30th ( which was my most fertile day of the month). And the other guy was on May 8th which was not during my fertile period at all. When I went to the doctor a week ago, they calculated according to my last period starting April 17th that the date of conception was around 2nd of May. So I assumed it was the first guys baby because the 30th is closer than the 8th. I love the first guy and we got excited. But today I went for an ultrasound and my heart sunk when the doctor measured the baby and said it was 6.5 weeks instead of the 7.5 weeks I believed it was. This put the date of conception the 9th which is a day after the second guy. Could the baby be small? I don't want to believe the second guy is the father. Please help! All the conception calculators I use say the most probable date of conception was the 30th and it was my most fertile day so I don't see how it could have happened on the 8th. I have been so stressed. Thanks

Hi Guest,

Disregard the ultrasound.  It is an ESTIMATE only.  Dating is approximate and varies upon the skill of the technician.

You know when your last period started.  Use that as a begin date.  A period starting April 17 would mean you would ovulate between April 28 and May 2.  The egg is only viable for up to about 48 hours.  Having sex after May 4 it would be VERY unlikely you'd get pregnant.

Hope it helps.

Even if the results of the ultrasound is a whole week off? I heard they are usually only a day or 2 off... It being a whole week off makes me really nervous, and unsure. My mom said me and my sister were always small during her pregnancy...but the doctor never said anything about that it could just be small. The doctor also said my fertile window could be wrong.. Idk what to believe anymore.

Yes, even if the ultrasound is a week off. You KNOW when your period started. That is a good solid date. Based on a typical cycle we can estimate when you'd conceive.

Thank you so much for your input. You are the only one that is putting my period into account. Everyone else is only looking at the ultrasound. I am debating on taking a prenatal paternity test to know for sure. But I don't know if those are always reliable and cost a lot of money. But I'll do anything to know. Or maybe I could ask for another ultrasound? They did that first one externally and I thought they would do it vaginally beacause of it being so small.

Before ultrasounds dates were based on the LMP.

Prenatal DNA testing is HIGHLY accurate and will positively determine paternity. They obtain the babies DNA from your blood. Your partners will need to also donate a sample.

Good luck.