Last friday, at 8.5 weeks pregnant, I started having a sharp throbbing pain on my lower left side that lasted the whole day thru so I went to my doctor. He felt a large mass on the left side and recommended an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a large cyst on my left ovary, but it also showed that my gestationaly sac measured at 6 weeks and there was no baby visable. They reassured me that at six weeks you sometimes can't see the baby, but I'm pretty positive about my dates. So they sent me home and told me to watch for signs of ectopic pregnancy, and return in 3 weeks for a new ultrasound. The next week I had no problems until 6 days later, I notice a brown discharge during a couple trips to the restroom that day, I also started having discomfort off and on that seemed like cramps but no regularity to them. I found relief when I could sit down. This morning, no more discharge but an occasional sharp pain on the left side again without the throbbing sensation. My major concern during this whole event has been that the baby stopped growing and I'm at the doors of a pending miscarriage, but I'm hoping that it could be discharge from the ovarian cyst. I don't know if I should wait to bother my doctors or make another appointment after the weekend or do I run to the er to ease my mind. Thanks

I highly suggest you get yourself to the doctor. This could be complications from the cyst, an ectopic, or a miscarriage, all of which likely require medical attention.