I started having problems in feb my stomach was cramping bad two weeks after my period. I blew it off at first then I started seeing blood in my stools and the pain was almost unbareable and the neasea was keeping me up everynight I did a ton of tests and found out that I had a lower GI bleed due to bacterial overgrowth. After doing meds for that the nausea didn't ever go away and I was having to drink a fiber drink three times a day to have a bowelmovement. We did test on the gallbladder and found it was 5% which I knew nothing about but the doc insisted that if I got it out that I would feel much better. well I still cant have a bowelment with out some type of help which is usually the benefiber three times a day,I still have nausea and if I don't take the benefiber extreme pain. I heard that most people have diarriea but not me atleast not until today for some weird reason I have been in the bathroom alot and have cramping but I noticed the stools are yellow and gray in color I don't know if this is normal or not but I don't want to go to the doc unless I have to because the doc that did my surgery has released me from his care and my normal doc don't know anything about it infact when we noticed the blood he turned me over to another doc.

After I had my gall bladder out, I noticed that if I didn't eat regularly... as in I wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch, then would have a regular dinner, within 20 minutes, I had an urgent need to get to the bathroom RIGHT away, and it would be an "explosive" and "splattering" experience. I would then make a couple/few more trips, thereafter. Eating a high fat meal would have the same effect.

I don't know if gall bladder surgery was the way to go with your symptoms... more like the infection you experienced, and the resulting anti-biotics have really messed up your digestive system. What you are experiencing now sounds like you MIGHT have a possible bile obstruction, somewhere, and you need to go back to your doctor to rule it out, pronto!
"Bright yellow stools... indicate not enough bile / bilary obstruction.
Grey, or clay colored stool result from problems in the biliary system (the drainage system of the gallbladder, liver, and pancreas)"
You can read more about it here: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I would look for another gastroenterologist, and then maybe a dietitian. Once your present problem is addressed, you can try taking probiotics. You can buy them over the counter, and they won't hurt anything, but if they're what you need, they will certainly help. Without the proper good bacteria in our guts, food cannot digest properly, and can cause all kinds of problems from cramping and constipation to diarrhea.

Good luck.