Hi everyone, I had a surgical abortion 5 months ago (worst decision i'd ever made in my life, can't stop crying & feeling guilty.) The problem is when me and my partner have sex there's blood on the tissue afterwards and in my pants, but there's no blood during sex, it's also very painful & i've done sexual transmitted injection tests and there negative. My mum and sister told me i should go for a scan/smeer (i think that's how you spell it) i'm almost 19 so i've never had one before, i was just wondering if my family is right, has anyone else had this problem after a surgical abortion, i'm worried sick, my mum had cervical cancer years ago and she had her womb taken away, i'm aspergers and really worried in case my only chance to have a child was 5 months ago and i'd thrown away the opportunity like a child. :/ xx

The only person that can definately tell you what's going on is your doctor.  I would go see a gyno doc and maybe have HPV testing done to see if you have any abnormal cells.  I'm no professional but maybe your hitting your cervix and it may be sensitive during sex because of your past abortion.  I have had trouble with high HPV levels during my past pap tests and even had my cervix burned to rid some of them. (it's been 9ish years that I've dealt with high levels of HPV cells)  I've never had bleeding after sex but everyone is different.