I’d like to hear of some prostatitis treatments success for I am diagnosed with chronic bacterial prostatitis. I am in fact very much concerned about my further condition regarding the possibility of getting prostate cancer one day and of some other complications. So I’d really like to know what the prostatitis treatments of the best success are. Thanks.

I also have chronic bacterial prostatitis and as I was explained by my doc the chances of getting prostate cancer are very small but you could face some other complications such as increased PSA levels in your blood stream which in cases of acute prostititis may indicate prostate cancer. Also chronic bacterial prostititis in some cases might develop fertility problems and if not treated it might cause urination inability and, though it is very rare, may cause spreading of bacteria through the bloodstream. I usually am treated with antibiotics and once it happened that after I was being for 14 weeks on antibiotic treatment the results failed and all that time I was having urination problem so I was oral given alpha blockers that helps me in urinating more easily by relaxing the muscles that connects bladder and prostate. Also I occasionally am taking pain relievers such as aspirin or ibuprofen may help you feel better but don’t overact with using medication. Also treatment option is physical therapy which I never tried, too bordering for me but I’ve heard it could help. And of course if all this is not working than the solution usually is surgical treatment.