Hello. I am a 54 years old man, and I have been diagnosed with prostatitis (prostate enlargement). I was feeling ill, it was like I had a fever. I haven't spoken much with my doctor so I am not really that much informed. It would be really useful if I would know what are the treatment for Prostatitis. And It would be great if you could tell me something about them.

Well, the most of the medications for enlarged prostate (Prostatitis) are alpha blockers and finasteride or dutasteride. For advanced cases there is surgical procedures such as transurethral resection, transurethral incision and transurethral microwave thermotherapy. But I don't think it will come to that. You will have to stick to the medications, and you should know that this isn't just any illness. You should look after this. And, oh yeah, you should drink a lot of water.