Hi, I am trying to gain mass by working out. What is the best food for this purpose? Should I keep taking in proteins in enormous quantity? Or is there some plan?

Hi, I can give you some advises how to create a program that will suit your needs. First you must take into account your present weight and height, to determine a basal metabolic rate. Average person needs about 2000 calories a day. If it is difficult for you to gain weight, it means that you have fast metabolism. Usually, fast metabolism is accused for not gaining weight in the bodybuilding. I know you've heard that you should increase your maintenance calories around 300-500 calories a day and gain one pound per week. I can tell you from my own experience it’s better if you go with 1000 calories.

Hey there sabedra, 

You generally are right – the basic thing you need to do for muscle gain is to up the protein intake from the food you are eating. But it isn’t as simple as just eating any food in enormous quantity, you still have to keep your diet balanced in order to keep yourself healthy, only with more proteins included.

You get the most proteins from read meat, but eggs are known to be a very good protein source, as well as gthe milk and the dairy products. Still, you have to keep in mind that you don’t need excess fat, either in the meals or to gain them, so the meat and eggs should be as fat free as possible, because they will still keep all the proteins.