Hi. I`m an athlete, 24 years old. I would like to hear how to make easy protein shakes at home. I don`t want to spend a fortune on specialist supplements, really. There are many products, but nothing like home made shakes…

Hi. I make protein shakes at home very often. They are really tasty. I have a recipe for you. You need 50g dried skimmed milk powder, 500mls fresh milk, and milkshake powder. Mix milk powder with milk into a smooth paste. Put it into a blender and blend until frothy. You may add a banana and honey, fresh fruit, such as strawberries, or berry fruits. You may also add yoghurt, for a thicker shake. I like my shake with banana and some honey.

I suggest you spend some money on some based protein. You can choose soy, whey, or even hemp protein. I prefer the latter for its taste (nothing like marijuana, BTW).

If you're into food combining, then stop reading...cause protein shakes go against the doctrine. Food combining states "like food groups go together". In this case, we're combining fruit and protein, a big no-no. If you want to stick to the doctrine, whey protein goes really well with milk (especially chocolate milk!)...but tastes better when you add a frozen banana and/or peanut butter.

Basically, I like mixing fruits with real fruit juices and a protein powder. It's best to juice your own fruit (with organic fruit), but a preserved natural organic juice will do. Remember, the key to a good smoothie is to used frozen fruit. Then, the general guideline is to fill with fruit and then add juice until the juice is just under the fruit. Add protein powder and and other supplements (flax oil, greens +, acidophilus, etc.). Blend and enjoy!

Good fruit smoothie combinations:

blueberries, bananas, apple juice
peaches, bananas, strawberries, honey, apple juice
raspberries, blueberries, bananas, almonds, soy milk
strawberries, apples, bananas, scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, apple juice

i discovered a great home made protein shake u can drink before and or after workout.

this is the recipe:
2cups skim milk
1 cup skim yogurt (no sugar)
2 bbig or 3 medium bananas
2 table spoons of honey
and 200gms of low fat no/low salt cottage cheese.
u can also add another banana if u want it thicer or if u want more carbs. and to sweeten it more just use another spoon or honey.

u can also use plain cocao if u want a choclate mix so instead of three bananas just use 1 banana and 2 tbs of cacao( pure cocoa without sugar)

and add more honey. same amount of milk and cheese.
and blend it with an electric blender.

this makes two big mugs enjoy!

i tried making it without yoghurt but instead i added two half boiled eggs and it turned out awesome

erm this is a bit werid!!

i work out at the gym 5 days a week!

i also require protein shakes...

not once has any of your shakes metioned an EGG!!!

sorry but these shakes are useless ... and the ones with whey protein powder... welll all your doing is making it taste better...

I agree, I work out at the gym 5-6 days a week for an absolute minimum of an hour at a time. The above protein shakes would be great if you needed a glucose/ lactose /sucrose hit, unfortunately they're really not that high in protein which is essential for building muscle. Certainly not enough for people with fast metabolisms who work out more than three times a week. Also flax seed oil is a great addition to any shake, really high in oleic and linoleic acids it's one of the best things you can do for healthy skin and improved Central Nervous System (CNS) function.

This information seems to be very much healthy and nutritious as it is full with the recipes of protein shakes. I will ask my family members to read this comment. I will ask them to prepare the shakes at home. We will follow it regularly for a month and I hope the results will be the best. Cheers.

Here's a protein shake I make everyday and It tastes amazing.

Take some fresh or frozen fruit, plain yogourt (no added sugar for the flavour), and two eggs. Blend it until frothy.
Nothing like pure protein of eggs to spice up a tasty shake!
You'll love it!

Hope you enjoy! :-D

Immy

ahh yah but can you use flavored yougurt or do you have to use plain yougurt %-) %-) %-) : : ;-) ;-)

Hilarious how people miss what WHEY is...WHEY means it is a by product/synthesised MILK product so WHEY protein is effectively expensive powdered milk with perhaps added vitamins or amino acids that you should really gain from your diet not a 'miracle drink'.  Eat well and you will see results home made protein shake are great.  

I mix:  

20-30g Skimmed Milk powder (10-12g protein)

10-15g oats (Low GI carb great for bulking/gaining)

300-350mls Milk (10-12g protein)

10-15g Milk shake powder (more for taste but extra Kcal for bulkers)

Sometimes I add 10g Demarrera sugar

Tastes great and you get 20-25g protein get the rest from your diet.

Eat EGGS for Amino Acids.

Its just advice DO WHAT THE F^^K YOU WANT TO DO

I lost half of my hair using Whey protein powder. It raises the levels of DHT in your scalp and attacks the hair follicles.

Hey, i'm also new to gym training, I want to make a good go of if (and hopefully give up smoking at some point as well). My wife is also coming with me and we signed up to a local gym just yesturday. I used to (when I was hungover or just feeling run down) make a pint of milk with 2 eggs. This always made me feel good and actually tasted pretty nice. I'm pretty thin compared to the average 30 year old male and probably weigh about 9 stone, are there any other things I could add to this mix to help add weight to my body (i have quite a high metablosim and so burn things off pretty quickly) whilst I'm weight training? I noticed someone mentioned oats for adding baulk, what kind of oats is this? like porridge oats? I'm mixing cardio work with some simple weights to get started.

Thanks in advance ;-)

Wanna try the shake.

thats just silly