My psychologist wants me to go to the hospital (psych ward) because she says I exercise too much. 1.5 hours of jogging every morning except Sunday. That's all. I enjoy it. I have a positive mindset after a jog. Simply put. I can't afford to go back to the hospital because I would lose my job. Anyone have any advice on what I should tell my doctor? My weight is 121lbs. and I'm 5'3" so I'm not in any danger of wasting away. I consider myself pretty healthy.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a runner my self, I ride bicycle, but I have a friend that runs 5 day a week. He really likes it, and he is satisfied with his health. He tells me that the most important thing is to have a day or two off, because you need to let your muscle to recover.
Not really sure about your doctor, but if you fill fine and there is no pain, don't really see the point of going to hospital.
Maybe only to jog a little lesser. How much miles do you cross every day?

Dark Red,

Hmmmm very interesting question. Hard to say because there is always two sides to every story. Your height weight is proportionate. You said you can't afford to go back to the hospital...were you admitted for mental health reasons before. Certainly the amount of exercise you do is not too much. However, does the thought of missing a workout scare you? Do you constantly think about working out and you need to work out to feel in control? If the thought of missing a workout or missing a workout make you feel very uneasy and out of control you may want to find out why from a therapist because there could be a deeper issue. As always please consult an expert. Good luck!

Minney24,

I,m not sure where your psychologist is coming from. Also, based on what I know, they can not make you go to a psych ward for exercising, you are not in danger of waasting away you said, and you are not really overdoing it at all in my opinion. I mean, I rollerblade and run everyday, for at least 4 hours. Also, it puts you in a positive mind set, so how can it be bad? I'de say dont listen to that piece of advice this time, but, I like what BrendaM said. If it takes over your life in a sense, that is when it is a problem.

I don't think there is any need of psychologist because the daily exercise is one way to keep fit instead of the psychologist.