Hello. I'm 35 year old parent.
About a month ago, I have noticed that my kid, who is 12 years old, is a bit depressed about something. I guess it was from changing town because I have got another job in the nearby city.
My son entered a different environment without any friends. That’s why he didn’t get accustomed to new surroundings so well and his marks were pretty bad.
So, his teacher recommended me to take to some school psychologist. I accepted but I have heard only about psychiatrist and I'm wondering is there any difference between psychologist and psychiatrist?

Of course there is a difference. Although sometimes theirs job match itch other, there is a big difference between them.
Practically the same is that both- psychologists and psychiatrists can provide psychotherapy and counseling services.
But the difference is that psychiatrists can prescribe medication and psychologists cannot.
School psychologists help children and youth succeed academically, socially, and emotionally working also with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive
learning environments for your child.