My history with this problem is that it started almost 10 years ago in my head, right behind my throat (not in my throat, it's a very hard place to describe because it's neither my throat or my neck muscles). At that time the pain was intense & I had a CT, which revealed nothing. I'm a 29 year old female. Eventually the pain went away & I didn't experience it for quite some time. Since then, it has come & gone. Sometimes it wouldn't happen for over a year, other times it would happen for a few days at a time with days or a few weeks in between. Most recently I had an abscess under my arm which was very painful & required draining & antibiotics. For 2 weeks I felt very tired and weak. At the same time the throbbing started back up. It is still painful, even moreso when I inhale or change positions (sitting to standing, standing to sitting, stooping over or laying down). It produces intense throbbing pain. Within the last few days the throbbing pain has migrated down the right side of my neck from right in the middle of my neck to the top of my right clavicle. Obviously this is really scary as I'm concerned about anyurism or a clot. Any information is very appreciated, I plan on seeing my doctor this week but in the past when I've gone in for this, I'm met with blank stares.

I'm the original poster. I forgot to mention that pain killers don't touch this pain. I've tried everything from aspirin to norco, to no avail.

i mo what ur goimg through ive got the same. my letter ext to "m" doest work so hard to reply lol.