Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I am experiencing or has experienced the same/similar themselves.

I'm 15 and developed tonsillitis for the first time about a year ago. Since then, I have suffered with it on four separate occasions and on other occasions I have had an extremely sore throat (but not classed it as tonsillitis as there was no puss/white spots?)

However, during the past week (and currently) I have experienced extremely swollen, painful glands, a throbbing throat that is throbbing even when I'm not swallowing at all, and with this comes horrible neck pain, hurting to move my neck even slightly.Also, my throat seems to have some sort of pulse. I don't know how to explain the 'pulse' really, but it's causing me a lot of pain. 

I really have no idea what this is but I'm sick of going to the doctors because when I tell them that I've had tonsillitis, they automatically give me Penicillin and tell me I'll be fine once I've completed the course, however it comes back again and again. 

I don't know whether it is actually tonsillitis for this reason, as it reoccurs so often. 

However my overall question is what exactly is it that I'm experiencing? The whole neck pain/swollen glands/throbbing throat? 

If anyone has experienced anything similar please reply. Thank you. 

Hi there,

i'm experiencing the same thing. I'm in agony. Did you find out what this is?

Literally im 15 and I've been getting swollen painful tonsils and everything else, im just getting my tonsils taken out. Try icing them it helps a lot

I'm experiencing the same throbbing pain in my neck