Hi, last week I got my bellybutton pierced (silver ring) and yesterday I`ve noticed that my bellybutton is kind of a red. It itches to, but I don`t dare to scratch it. That is followed by some pus coming out. Is my piercing the cause of that redness and pus? I think so, but not sure. A friend told me she had the same problem and she used some solution on alcohol base. Should I give it a try? Anybody with experience?

Hi, maybe there is something stuck up in your bellybutton hole, like soap? Or, that could be sore sort of a mild infection. Even worse, you may have psoriasis or eczema. But, I think that bathing in a salt water or some antiseptic substances will do you well. Solutions with alcohol base are also good. Clean your bellybutton hole gently, with a cotton bud soaked in chlorhexidine or some other, similar antiseptic. Salty water worked for me. Most of the people with a piercing on their bodies had some sort of inflammation.