I want 2 get my bellybutton pierced and my mum says i can.But im only 14..is that too young,will it damage my body?And is it really sore?Will I be able to do anything to ease the pain during the procedure?

I don't know of anyone who doesn't numb you before they pierce you. However, they give you a numbing shot, so that might hurt a bit.

My sister got a belly button piercing and said that it was aggravating because she had to clean it every week. This meant that she had to take the piercing out, clean the hole with alcohol, and then put the piercing back in. If she didn't, it would get infected and that was very painful. She couldn't wear her piercing for a while when it got infected. Take this into consideration.

OK, you have several questions. 

1. If your mom says you can get a belly button piercing, I guess that's OK, but most piercers won't touch you if you are under 18 and you will want a reputable piercer to do the procedure for you or you increase your risk of infection. Something to think about. 

2. I have had a belly button piercing for a very long time, but as far as I recall, the pain wasn't too bad. I really don't think my piercer used any numbing, just an alcohol wipe to cleanse the area. It's over very fast and hurts, but not very badly. 

Hope that helps. 

I find fourteen to be a little too young, but if your parents are willing to let you get it done, it's your choice. It will not effect your body since you are continuing to grow. But it will hurt, must piercings are painful, it really depends on how well you tolerate pain.

I got my belly button pierced about a month and a half ago. I don't know about the poster's friend/sister who had to take their piercing out every week and clean it, I've had 10 piercings so far and I've never been told to actually take them out to clean. You just have to clean them everyday with boiled water (cooled down a bit!) and salt water.

14 is a little young and if your mum doesn't want you to, you should probably wait until you're 16. I know it's annoying but if she realises you still want one when you're 16 then she will be more likely to let you have it.

Also, just thought I'd tell you, it's really easy to bump and it really hurts in the first few days, and whenever you accidentally hit it. And I have a friend who took hers out years ago and there's still a little hole scar.

It's also expensive; about £30 in England, I don't know how much that is in dollars or anything.

First of all, I have NEVER heard of anyone giving a numbing injection before a piercing. That would just be a waste of medicine. The pain is not bad at all. I have 11 eleven piercings--4 facial and the rest on my ears--and NONE of them hurt bad enough for me to have to get a numbing injection!!

I've also had my bellybutton pierced, but I had to take it out because I played volleyball and it was rather uncomfortable.

I think 14 is a fine age to do it. I personally do not believe that it is too young.

I've never heard of having to take the ring out, clean it, then put it back in. You have to clean it every day with warm water and SEA SALT and clean it at least twice a day with antibacterial soap and a q-tip. How to care for your piercing will most likely be told to you be the piercer or given to you on a care sheet before you leave.

I would recommend that if you play a sport, you shouldn't pierce it right before or during the season. Some schools will not let you play if you have ANY body jewelry on and it can just be a pain when you are trying to move around and avoid hurting it at the same time.

Hope I've helped!!

--LinZ

i had my belly button pierced when i was 18, i personally thing 14 is a young as ur body is still growing!

i paid £25 for mine, all they do is wripe some numbing solution on the belly area to numb it and mark where the piercings goin to go, push the needle through and then the bar goes through, at the time it didnt hurt, but it bled a hell of a lot! and it hurt for about a week after maybe longer, couldnt bend to pick stuff up because it hurt so much, and if i caught it it killed!

but if u want to go for it then all my advice is is to do some research into reputable studios untill u find one ur happy with! and dont have it done at someones house!

oh and cleaning it is really easy, i used some antisceptic spray and every mornin and evening would spray the area and use a cotton bud to wripe under ball and behind the bit inside belly button to keep it clean (be sure to clean around holes too)

i'm 18 now and i've had my belly button pierced for almost a year. i think 14 is an ok age..but you have to be smart about your piercing. take good care of it, and don't play with it at all!!!