ok i'm 15 years old i've had my belly button pierced for about a year now. Here it is april and i think that my belly button piercing is infected but i'm not sure. It is painful at the touch(not very very painful) and a little swollen and there is pus....I'm thinking that it is infected so i started puttin salt and water on it as I was told...The only problem is that I wanted to know is this a good thing to do or not. I wasn't told by the tattoo place to do this but by a friend of mine. I'm not sure if this works but i'm going to try it.....So if anybody could help me with this or have any suggestions please reply to this topic

If the piercing has been in that long it shouldn't hurt. The piercing should have been fully healed or almost fully healed by now. It shouldn't hurt to touch or move it. It definately sounds infected. I've had mine in about two and a half months and my peircing is only slightly red and I can move it around without it hurting. Of course before you even think of touching a not fully healed piercing you should make sure your hands are 100% clean. To avoid infection you can use salt water but if your mixing it by yourself you have to know the right amount of salt to put in. At piercing stores there's already mixed salt water that you can just spray on like 'H2Ocean'. But if it's already infected you have to see a doctor and will probably have to take it out. I've had friends leave their piercings in and it just got worse. The piercer even told me if it got infected I'd probably have to take it out. If you got it pierced by a professional, which you should always do, then they usaully will check on it for you for free. :o