Good day everyone.

I had a huge fight with my boss yesterday.

We were fighting about – cats :)

She is really annoying in some situations. She bought a cat but she is not really that interested in her.

She doesn’t want to know a lot about her cat, all that she knows is how to feed and bath her.

I told her that this cat needs to be vaccinated and she told me – OK, I will do this.

She went on the internet and she started to search for low cost vaccinations.

I am against it.

I want to know are they worth of it?

Hi.

It is good when you are fighting with your boss about cats and not about your job :) I believe that this is much easier to handle :)

But I think that she doesn’t know anything about cats. I believe that she is one of those owners who will say “just give her anything”. Maybe I am wrong.

You know it is really hard when you have a trouble affording a cat for you. If you can’t afford her (that means if you are not able to vaccinate her and feed her properly, you shouldn’t have her).

Low cost vaccinations can be OK but she needs to check which clinic is the best.

Hey there.

Do not do anything without consulting your vet! He is the person who needs to tell you what vaccinations are good for your cat and what treatment she should have.

Personally I am against low cost vaccinations. I think that they are not worth of it.

And I am saying this because you should know that even a cheap, commercial vaccine clinic charges about 70 dollars for the basic vaccination.

Regular (not cheap) vaccination is just a little bit expensive.

That is why I am sure that it is not worth your time and money to look for cheap solutions. At all!

I am not saying that you can’t find good low cost clinic…but I would avoid them :)

Hello. It depends in which clinic you have decided to vaccinate your cat. If the clinic is good and with good reputation than you don’t need to be scared. Sometimes low cost vaccinations are not that bad. But I repeat, the clinic has to be good. My mom is vaccinating her cat with low cost vaccination because she is not working and that is much easier for her. Everything will be just fine as long as you control your cat’s health. You need to determine with your vet which vaccines your cat needs. There are so many good clinics, all you need to do is research a little bit.

Hello. I am not sure what low cost vaccination means. If it means that she wants to vaccinate her cat somewhere apart from the vet clinics, of course I’m against it. But if it means that she will find a clinic that will charge her less for the vaccination, I don’t see why not.

I remember when I had to vaccinate my cats, my brother took them to this clinic in our village and the clinic offered low cost vaccination. The price was really much more affordable than it would be if I had taken them to the town I live in.

I had a personal experience with this. I don’t have a cat but I have dogs and I know what I’m talking about.

I took my dog to a friend of mine who owns a pet shop, he told me he will get him vaccinated at lower price than other clinics in the town.

He gave him the rabies shot and he charged me twice the less. I was very satisfied. But when I decided to take a trip with my dogs , I had to take the Titer test (antibodies for rabies) and it came negative. This meant that there were no enough antibodies. The vaccine was bad.

@Mia I am pretty sure that it’s the same for both cats and dogs.

I have a cat (several of them actually) and she has had her rabies shot. My friend convinced me to take her at some low cost clinic near her house. I have a good financial situation and there was no need to do that, but I figured that it’s exactly the same so why don’t go with the cheaper option. It’s the first time I hear it might not be so good to go with low cost vaccination. I’m now worried for my cat. I’m taking that test too if it’s available for cats.

Here is my logic.

It takes a lot money to transport those vaccines and to keep them in the appropriate conditions all the time till they are given to our pets.

I am not saying we should not choose the cheaper options, of course we should, but you must admit there is something suspicious when you see someone offering you the same vaccine for half the price.

Vaccines need to be kept at the appropriate temperature, and that temperature needs to remain constant if we want them to stay safe.

And like I said, that costs money, therefore the price can’t be so low.

Hello. I still think that all depends on the clinic where you want to vaccinate your cat. It can be some good clinic and maybe it is low cost vaccination because someone have insurance for their cats. That is why they are cheaper and they are OK, There are so many people who have pets but still they don’t have that much money to vaccinate them every month or two. That is why those clinics are good option as long as you know that they are good, with good reputation. You should never go and let someone without experience to vaccinate your cat. You need to consult your vet all the time.