Hi. These last couple of years I have heard a lot of talks about one disease called Rheumatoid arthritis and I would really finally like to find out some quick facts about it.
My grandfather has been diagnosed with it and that’s why my whole family is involved in it, although no one really knows to explain me more about it.
All I know about it is that it is very serious condition that could last for years and that it attacks joints. I've also heard that medications used to treat are very expensive. Can someone finally explain me some details I should know about it.

Hi. I'm glad that you want to know more about it, but it seams to me like you already answered the most important questions.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease, mainly characterized by inflammation of the lining of the joints.
It belongs to a group of diseases called autoimmune disease which means that body is fighting against its own tissue.
You were right- medications used to treat this disorder are very expensive and gets better every day. Although there are still no cure for it, with today’s medications- more and more people are living happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives.