Hi, I am 36 years old male and I am trying to quit cigarettes. I am smoking 2 packs per day although I know it is bad for me. I am coughing but it is very difficult for me to quit cigarettes. I know that cigarettes are damaging my lungs and I would like to stop smoking. If someone has advice I would be very thankful to hear.

Hi, I was also smoking for more than 16 years. I decided to quit when I saw that cigarettes are bad for my children too. At the first time I used to smoke one cigarette less every day. It gave me time to accommodate on this big change. Finally when I was on the number of couple cigarettes per day I quit it. Several weeks I felt nervous but I didn’t want to be defeated by cigarettes. Now I am not smoking for more than 4 years and I feel great.

I stopped cold turkey. I sat down and listened to Allan Carr's easy quit method. It's about a 5 hour audiobook. I did feel pretty crazt for the first few days, and on day 4 I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. But on day 5 I knew I had quit. I'm feeling great now, and my cravings are completely gone. The thing that stuck with me most about the book is, now that I'm quit, If I ever get tempted to smoke. I think how that one cigarette will cost me 15 thousand dollars. It's true. If I have one more smoke, I'm doomed to start again. Imagine 15 thousand for one cigarette, it provides plenty of motivation not to light it. Just stop cold turkey man. Don't think about it as a sacrifice, but as a great step towards a better life with more self confidence. I'd recommend listening to the book. I downloaded it free from a torrent site.

I know you can do it if you put your mind to it. i have been a non smoker for 19 days now, and a cigarette is never going to be worth 15 thousand to me. I'm quit for good!