I've been a smoker for 27 years and I've tried almost everything to quit. I've tried patches, gum, wellbutrin, etc. The biggest problem is I also have an anxiety disorder that is drug-resistant. So whenever I try to do lifestyle changes (i.e. not smoking while driving, or on break at work) I end up having monstrous panic attacks, to the point where I end up hospitalized. What I'm wondering is this: I've heard and read that NicRx works by calming the brain and reducing stress and irritability during the quitting process. Is this true? If it is it may be the only thing that would work for me. Please give me feedback on this. I desperately need help! Thank you.

Kristina

I haven't heard of the drug you mentioned but most of the gums and meds out there do work. I have a colleague who tried biofeedback with great results. Again, I don't know too much about it but it could be worth looking into. I am always skeptical about that sort of thing, but everybody is different and it could be just the thing you need to help you. Whatever you decide, please keep us posted so that we know how you are doing on quitting. I commend you for wanting to live a healthy life without smoking! Am sure you will be able to help a lot of other people in their trial of quitting. Best of luck to you.

i thought i was the only one that this was happening to. thank you for sharing your story. i have tried to quit unsucessfully for a few years now for this reason. i am now 12 days without a cigg and really struggling because it keeps happening. i do not want to break down and smoke because i know i will have to do this all over again anyway the next time i quit. i have made it a few days here and there, but i smoke when the anxiety gets physical and i cannot function in daily life. i am wondering how long it will be like this. i know that i must have something wrong with me chemically, but i really do not want to die of a smoking related illness.

12 days, the drug isnt in your body, but your having craves IS there..I know a lady who did the patch, went off it in 3-4 months(too soon) and had major struggles too