i have gained 12 lbs in 9 days without altering my eating habits, i have put on a total of 35 to 40 lbs in the last year, which i assume is due to getting older (turned 29 this year )and life style changes. but the recent gain is the most concerning. im tired and lathargic and i dont even see my self when i look in the mirror any more, any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated!! help!!

I too have gained a lot of weight in the past few months. I have gained 17 pounds in 16 weeks. I stopped nursing and gained all the weight. I went to my doctor and she ran a couple of tests and said that everything was normal. I am sorry, but if everything was normal then I would not be gaining so much weight. My ankles are swollen and my whole body is swollen. She recommended a Dietician...I told her that I didn't think that would help...considering that I eat healthy foods and have been a size six my whole life. I excersize and eat right, but since the three blood test didn't show anything I guess she should just give up! I don't think so!!! You have to fight for your health...no one else will! Go back to the doctor and talk with them about this. Something isn't right about the situation. Unless you are eating Big Mac's everyday...you shouldn't be gaining all of that weight.