ok so im 14.5 annddd i weigh 205 and am 5'6.5. honestly, all my friends say that i look no more than 170, and when i went to kings island and went to the guess ur weight bday or height booth the guy said 170...but he was wrong sooo yeah. i want to lose about 50 pounds by may. last summer i would run 5 min. walk 5 min. run 5 min. and so on for about 1,5 hrs and i lost 6 lbs. in 2 wks:0 but then i gained it back plz help me because i just want to be a normal weight like every1 else

I'm 5" 1' and I'm 180 lbs (female). I tried almost every diet and exercise and I can't lose my weight. I tried the gym and everything and nothing will lose and sometimes I'll gain. I'm not pregnant but the diet that did work for me is basically eating 3 meals (small) and 2-3 healthy snacks and exercise like a daily walk. Don't push yourself, just make it come natural. Pushing yourself can stress you out and that can do harm. Hope I helped you somewhat :)

First you need to speak to a doctor about your weight - as quickly as possible. You need to find out what your healthy weight should be, how high your body fat content is and if you have a health problem that's interfering with your weight.  That said - some older doctors can give useless advice like "eat a healthy diet and excersize more often". Useless - because most people have no idea what "healthy diet" even means. For example - pizza pockets, mac and cheese, canned lunches, french fries - all very unhealthy. They will not help you lose weight at all. So ask your doctor to give you some specific advice on "healthy diet" and how much excersize you should be doing. Second thing to do is talk to you parents about your weight. Because you're 14, your parents are still very much in control of what types of food you have available. If they know how important this is to you, they can help by making sure you have healthy food in the house, for school lunches and snacks.

Third thing - take control. You are the only person who can change your body. Increase the amount of vegetables and fruit you eat - as in "double". Decrease the amount of meat. Stay far, far away from fast food places and if you have no choice - order a salad or yogurt instead of a burger and fries. Deep fried foods not only make you fat - they make you sluggish - so excersize is harder to do. Don't worry if you feel hungry when you first start eating differently - that's normal. It will pass. 

Fourth thing - EXCERSIZE. Running is good. Walking is good. Staying active for most of the day is better. You have to sit during classes, sit to do your homework, sit to eat... the rest of the time you should be moving as much as possible. Set aside 20 minutes in the morning to do jumping jacks or sit ups, set aside 30 to 60 minutes in the evening for more excersize - go for a walk, jog a bit, find some stairs to walk up is also helpful. Once you've started losing weight - don't just go back to eating like before. Stay active - only eat fast foods once a month and keep a close watch on your body weight.... if you go up more than 5 lbs in a month - you're doing something wrong and you need to undo it.

Most of all though - once you've reached your goal weight - DON'T CONTINUE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT. There is nothing more unattractive, unhealthy and life-damaging then being a walking skeleton with a chronic eating disorder.

I am currently 32 and single. I have always been slim and had a great figure but i have gained weight profoundly ever since I started on Cipralex one year back. I was a55 kg and 5'3" but now I am 80 kg. My periods are very very light and i am further stressed because my gynaec told me it could lead to complete stop of the monthly cycle. I work full time and find it really hard to get time for gym. Please can somebody help me!!! I really need to lose the extra pounds and get my periods regularized in terms of normal flow. Any food intake ,alternative therapy that may be helpful? Any help ,guidance will be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

Healingpain201 - sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I too was never overweight (by more than 5 or 6 lbs) for most of my life until going through a serious hormone imbalance 5 years ago. I had a 6 month gushing mense period and was given a shot of hormones to try and regulate things. After the shot, I gained 50 lbs in 6 weeks. Looked terrible, nothing fit.

Over the next couple years I really tried EVERYTHING to lose the weight. Strict diets, long work-outs, walking, running, mountain hiking, even took up skiing. I finally went to one of those weight loss place and paid a fortune. I stuck religiously to every diet and excersize plan - occasionally lost a few pounds - gained it back in less than a week Nothing helped. Nothing worked.

A year ago I remembered a fasting diet that I used to do in my early 20's for a few days at a time to carve off a 1/2 size or so before a big event and decided to give that a run again - though for a much longer time. There is no book or guide or anything written anywhere for it - just something that I mashed together from a bunch of diet and fasting programs.

Anyway - I went on it for 21 days on - 21 off - then 21 on again and the weight actually melted off. Even with normal amounts of activity (not strenous excersize). This time - I not only lost the weight but gained tremendous energy (and a lot of my confidence - not to mention my wardrobe back).

It's fairly simple. For 21 days I ate whatever quantities I wanted of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole wheat pasta and unleavened whole wheat bread products - with soya and olive oil (in moderation) and some soya based products (like tofu, soya milk, etc). I used herbs, copious amounts of pepper and sea salt for flavoring. No sauces or "dressings" of any kind.

Bascially - I cut out all meat and meat by-products (including dairy and eggs), sugar, fats and yeasts. First couple days was a bit tough - I was craving "something" but didn't know what - the rest is a breeze and even in restaurants there is usually some menu item that fits. After the first 21 days - I re-added fish to my diet, then a small amount of dairy products and a very small amount of sugar or yeast products (like bread) and continued with that for another 3 weeks.

Then went back to step one - continued again for another 3 weeks. That's it. At the end - I just slowly re-added foods including meats. It's basically 9 weeks long. I lost 40lbs - and - strangely - felt very full and healthy and energetic the whole time.

I will say though - that I'm not diabetic and, aside from the hormone problem - I don't suffer from any other health issue and don't have food allergies. I've also been very active for most of my adult life - so my body has a decent amount of muscle mass in place already.

If you think this might be a good thing to try - chat with your doctor - see what he/she thinks and maybe give it a try.