On Wednesday I finally worked out in a while and I did 20 sit ups and now my lower abdominal is really sore. Is it normal for it to be sore for some days because this is my second day being sore.

if it is your first workout for a while it is not unusual for muscles to feel sore for a few days. In fact, they often feel worse on the second day. But unless you seriously overexerted yourself they should improve quite quickly after that. Also our abdominals are often a bit weak as we don't always use them, especially if we have office jobs. So they often need a few sessions to get back in shape

Celebrity

absolutely - larger muscle groups usually have a day or two delay in soreness - this is why is hurts a few days after you worked out.

Try some abdominal stretching to relieve soreness - and  don't stop - continue what you're doing. Not necesarily with abdominal workouts - but you can go for a fast walk or easy jogging or swimming...