I'm 30 years old and I have always had a problem with weak abdominal muscles. Although I'm not excessively overweight I have always had fatty deposits around my waist and on the abdomen. I have tried different exercises for strengthening my muscles but none of them worked well enough for me. The reducing of the fat is not a crucial thing in this moment for me but I'm more interested in increasing the strength of the muscles of the abdomen. Can anyone here recommend any effective exercises for increase of the muscle strength?

There are many exercises for the abdominal muscles that are aimed for certain groups of muscles of the abdomen. There are 2 basic groups of muscles in the abdomen. One are the two rectus abdominis muscles that are placed in the central area of the abdomen and are connecting the rib cage with the pelvis and are responsible for crunching of the body. The second group are the oblique muscles (obliquus abdominis), there are three of these muscles that are situated on each side of the abdomen left and right from the rectus abdominis, they are moving the torso to the side (left or right). The basic exercises like crunching with some modifications on lateral moves should usually do the trick in increasing the strength of the muscles. I can't speculate why didn’t it work for you in the past but the biggest mistake people like to make is not exercise regularly. Whatever exercises you chose you have you have to do them every day and you must not be discouraged if there are no visible effects in the short period of time. Some jogging will also give strength to your abdominals and also add to your overall physical shape. For more information about this matter it is the best that you talk to the professional gym trainer because they will be able to give you exact information and guidance about this.