My troubles began with a sore throat. It happened out of the blue. The sore throat became more and more prominent but within hours took a backseat to fever. I was feeling cold, dizziness when sitting up, shivers, and the feeling was so unknown and untreatable (i.e. food, water, fresh air, reclining) I thought I would die. These two primary symptoms (sore throat/off equilibrium) persisted for the next 2 days asking with night sweats, fever up and down (above 98.8°), eye socket soreness, and muscle ache off and on. On day two I woke up with a sore spot on my upper lip. The small spot started to "bubble" up. My fever was gone, but my throat was still sore with yellowish highlights. Within about four hours of starting my day the sore throat had diminished tremendously, but the lip issue was growing larger. It's more like a large "fat lip" at this junction, however I can't ignore the small blistery type bumps on the lump. It's happening within the center of my lip, nor around the perimeter. This is the second time within 8 months that I've had this blistery thing in my lip. The last time it happened in the middle of the day, without warning as I had just awakened from an afternoon nap. It went away within 3-4 days, but didn't follow the normal signs of herpes. This time the 'lump' seems to have covered more lip area and us spreading across the middle, but also appears in the same space as the last occurrence. I can't help but think, is this herpes!? And if so, what was all the fever and sore throat that preceded it about this time and why we're there no signs the first time? Please help... Things to consider: 1). Both times I'd eaten Pistachio nuts. The first time within hours, the second time within days. 2). The second time I worked a super intense, labor intensive work schedule the day preceding the onset of site throat and fever. I attributed the aching muscles to that because it was very physical. 3). The second time at least 6hrs of my work day had lapsed before I ate anything, which was just a hot dog and a Gatorade, afterwhich I ate nothing until roughly 1pm the next day (the day of the fever and sore throat).

this sounds like herpes to me - the blisters usually appear when your immune system is weakened and the second time they appeared you were obviously sick with what sounds like viral infection, most likely flu. Did your throat get better by now?

Once you get infected with herpes zoster virus, the one that causes cold sores, you practically never get completely cured because the virus remains in your body and vaits opportune moment when your immune system is weak to start causing the symptoms, usually in the form of cold sores,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Thank you for replying. Here's an update (day four of my troubles, day two of the lip bump): I still have a slightly sore throat. I can feel it's dry everytime I swallow. No more fever, nothing. The small blisters on my lip are gone. Left behind is what looks like a carpet burn and a very large lump, like I lost a fight. No bleeding or oozing, no pain or anything, just the feeling of a swollen, carpet-burned lip. If it is herpes all I can say is it's not following any of the traditional signs I'm reading about, yet nothing else out there sounds like this. Is there nobody else having symptoms like this? They've been completely random and flighty to identify with, I know, but anything well help. Thanks guys and gals!