My nutritionist told me a few years ago that my daily carb intake should be between 45 and 65 percent of total calories. Ever since, my nutrition was organized that way. But, because of my injury I got weight. Now, I want to lose it. My problem is about low carb diet. Is it safe to except this kind a plan of nutrition?

As you already know daily carb intake should be constant. If you really need to use diet for weight lost, maybe you should decrease your total calorie intake. In that case your recommended daily intake of carbs will stay still and will be losing weight. Maybe a consulting with your nutritionist would not be a bad idea.

Hello Piper, 

The first thing I think you should take into account is – have you completely recovered from the injury? That is something that you need to do first and your body simply needs all the proteins and nutrients from the food during the healing process. If the healing has completed, only than it’s time to change the focus to the weight loss.

The second thing is, how much weight do you need to lose. If you gained only a few pounds, chances are that if you can practice it, only some additional physical activity might do the trick. Even daily walks, with smaller total calorie intake might be enough. But, still, don’t do anything major unless you have confirmed that you have healed completely.