Hello. I need to lose some pounds. My work demands a perfect shape and lately I can’t even make it to the third floor without resting in middle of climbing. Stairs had became my worst enemy and I subconsciously started to avoid visiting friends that don’t have functional elevators in their buildings.

I know, I’m a disaster.

Anyway, I decided to start with this diet. A friend from work mentioned it to me. It is called Calorie Shifting diet. Have you heard anything about it? Do you have any idea how am I supposed to calculate my calorie needs while following it? 

Hi there. Here is what I know about it. Calorie shifting can be used with any diet. It includes changing the daily intake of calories.

First, you need to calculate a weekly calorie allowance for weight loss. When that is done, you then ned to divide it into uneven amounts.  This is how you create your calorie intake goal (for each day of the week). This means that  if your limit is 2000 calories per day, you will be consuming 1300 calories one day and 2700 the next.  It is very important that you don’t go over the limitation. And you should be trying to keep your daily intake as different as possible.

Thank you a lot. I really don’t know much about this diet and you made it a bit easier for me. Do you think I chose the right diet ? Is that idea of shifting calories really effective? To me it doesn’t sound very convincing, but my friend says it really helps. And let me see did I get this straight- If I need for example about 1500 calories daily to lose desired weight, I can have a day with 1200 calories with four smaller meals of about 300 calories each. And then I can shift to a 2000 calorie day and have my three meals of 600 calories each + some snacks that together make 200 calories?