I am looking for information about reversing the symptoms of diabetes 2.  I am 43 and I weigh about 230 pounds.  I am 5'3" and I am on a diabetic diet of 1,500 calories.  I don't have to have any medicine but I am to watch my carb intake and exercise.  I want to know if anyone has a secret to reversing the symptoms of diabetes?  I am wanting to stop having to go to the bathroom so often and drinking so much water.  I want to get my life back to before I was diabetic.  If anyone has any secrets to share, I am all ears!

There is no real secret to losing weight.  You are already on a 1500 calorie diet which is a good start.  You should attempt to work up to an hour a day of exercise.  This will help with losing weight.  Since you shouldn't cut back any more on your food intake, exercise is the next best bet.  As you lose weight and exercise, your symptoms of diabetes should improve as well. 

I went on the South Beach diet and lost weight (while being diabetic) and I got control of my blood sugars!  I don’t know if I would call it a secret but it was a great diet and I still eat that way because you don’t feel deprived and you don’t go hungry.  It is a little like the Atkins diet but not as strict as far as the reduction in carbs.  I couldn’t do Atkins because of that.  South Beach is a bit more lenient so and also your grocery store may carry things by South Beach diet that you can use, like nutrition bars or frozen dinners.  You should check it out. I got my book on this diet at my library so if your library has it, you don’t have to buy it!