I’ve been trying to lose excess of 50 lbs for years now and this weight is starting to be a health risk for me. I tried already Herbalife program - didn’t really help all that much since I gained back all the weight I lost while I was on Herbalife. Besides this, I tried numerous low calorie diets, like cabbage soup diet, but none of these had any permanent results.

That’s the main reason why I’m thinking about trying dr Bernstein diet. From what I’ve read it combines low calorie diet with vitamin B injections and promises that you’ll lose up to 20 lbs a month, but it costs a lot. Does anyone know how exactly does dr Bernstein diet costs?

dr Bernstein diet is also calorie restricting diet - with addition of vitamin B injections. While on this diet you'll be allowed to eat only  certain foods and your daily calorie intake will be between 600-800 calories. So you might reconsider do you want to pay for this diet, because there is a very realistic chance that you won't be able to eat only 600 calories daily, so the weight you lost will come back.

From what I've heard, the first appointment costs around $250 and total expenses can go up to $1000 per month. So, it is not cheap at all and there is no guarantee that you'll maintain the weight you lost once you stop the diet.

Hello, since sam25 gave you the prices for dr Bernstein diet, I'll just add that you have to go in one of his clinics located in Florida, Oklahoma and Canada. Besides this, you say you already tried losing weight with low calorie diets and that your weight just bounced back as soon as you stopped the diet. Well, dr Bernstein diet is also a low calorie diet, with very strict restrictions in which foods you can or cannot eat. They don't teach you to change your lifestyle there, so that you can lose weight maybe slower, but in a healthier way, so there is a big chance that the same thing will happen when you stop dr Bernstein diet - the weight you lost will just come back.

thanks for replying!

I've looked into the total cost for dr Bernstein diet, and Sam you were totally on the spot. Only addition - if anyone else is interested - is that they do have their maintenance program that lasts up to a year after you reach your goal weight, however it still involves weekly vitamin B shots and visits and it costs around $150 per week, with a discount if you pay upfront for six months.

I'm still considering it, mainly because I think that paying that much money and strict rules would give me the discipline I need to lose the excess weight. If anyone has any more details, I'd appreciate if you shared them.

I joined 8 days ago have lost 6.6lbs. I have not found it difficult at all. Not getting hungry but I am eating exactly what they say not leaving out anything 

spoke to my doctor and so long as you really want to keep the weight off you loose and not go back to eating everything in sight you'll be fine

my decision to go after 3 years talking to people I know who went lost and kept it off is because I'm to go for hip surgery