Hello! My friend has tonsillitis and her doctor prescribed her Biaxin. Can Biaxin be used for tonsillitis at all? I have several times in my life tonsillitis and I have never used it. I have told her this and now we are contacting you for your opinion on this subject. We are sure that you will know what is going on here. Hank you in advance!

Hello! Your friend has tonsillitis which is caused by Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria. Only in these cases of tonsillitis Biaxin is prescribed. Bioxin belongs to macrolide antibiotics group. She need to know that this drug must be taking exactly as it is prescribed. If she feels something of side effects, she needs to contact her doctor immediately.

Hello there,

Your friend has the rare bacteria which need to be treated with Biaxin. If you were given some other medication that is because you two are not the same. And because we are all different sometimes different approaches in treatment is needed. Different treatment demands different medications such as in your friend’s case. It is nice that you are worried about her and that you are trying to find alternative sources to get an answers but it is always best to ask your doctor about every concerns you might have.

Also, she needs to drink entire course of the medication and she needs to pay attention to any side effects she might have. If there are any she needs to stop and consult her doctor as soon as possible.