About a month ago i notced after a bowel movement some blood on the toilet paper(not much just a dab or two). Since then this has kept happening, although in the occassional bowel movement i don't notice any blood at all. Just today, not only did that happen, but a little blotch of blodd came out afterwards - not on the toilet paper. I am worried. Is this cancer or hemeroids and what shoud I do. What are my chances that i have cancer? Please help if you have any advice.

p.s i had a grandmother who died from colon cancer a few years ago.

Frank blood in the stool is never normal, and could be a result of several conditions that range from mild, such as hemorrhoids, to serious, such as infection or colon cancer. Bloody stools should always be evaluated by a physician.

Are you sure it's from your bowel movements? It could just be that you're having a really hard bowel movement and it's cutting the opening of your anus which is causing you to bleed. I've this problem myself sometimes. I've been told by my doctor to take stool softener to have softer bowel movements and to not have it cut my anus.

Either way, speak to your doctor about this, it could be something else or it could be just this. It's best to hear a doctors opinion.

Looks like you posted this a long time ago, so I don't know if you'll see this reply.

A small amount of red blood (non-occult) in the stool is generally not serious, but if you are seeing it repeatedly and can't explain it or if it is severe, please see a doctor.

Usually this type of bleeding is due to a hemorrhoid or anal fissure (tear in the anus). I developed an anal fissure at the age of 18 (I'm a guy...this is slightly more common in women but both sexes get them) in much the way you describe -- some bleeding and then nothing. I periodically reinjured the fissure. Usually this was no big deal -- a little pain and some small amount of blood and then it would heal.

Or so I thought. About 5-6 years ago (I am now in my mid-30s) it was flaring up with increased frequency and severity. It got so bad I was literally in terror every time I needed to have a BM. I eventually had surgery for it and wow do I wish I had not waited that long (or at all) to do it.

FYI - occult blood (which usually appears in stool as a tarlike substance) is often an indicator of a more serious condition (ulcers, colon cancer, etc.)

So, I guess my point is -- if this doesn't go away or recurrs don't be afraid to see a specialist. You may save yourself a lot of pain (and/or worry).

If it burns and it's just a little bit it's probably hemmorrhoids... I've been having blood too, my mom says it was probably hemmorrhoids... I'm going to be checked Tuesday just to be sure that I have hemmorrhoids though because they never used to bleed.

hey im 18 years old and i have been experiencing anal bleeding for a couple weeks. it keeps getting a little bit worse every time i have a BM. is it possible for this to be colon cancer at my age? after reading these posts I'm going to the doctor first part of the week.

thanks a lot

I'm 24 and I've been having this problem, too. However, it only started after I brought anal play into my sex life. Never actually penile penetration, only small objects like fingers and some thin sex toys (though I'll admit, some of them are harder and less flexible than I should be using). I've not been to see a doctor because, well, to be truthful, I'd be a bit embarrassed to tell him that bit!

I usually only notice the bleeding after a BM. Sometimes it's a small dab on the TP, sometimes it's more than that. My initial thought was that I had just scratched or torn something with the sex play and had reopened it during the BM. But someone said that was a sign of cancer and now I'm worried.

Given that the problem did not start until I brought anal play into my sex life and only occurs after a BM (and not every time) and it is bright red (I've read about the differences in blood color), and there is never blood in the stool itself, it just seems to "leak" from the anus... is it most likely just a tear or something?

Any advice would be appreciated!

The same thing happened to me also everytime i go to use the bathroom , minor or a major amount of blood comes on the tissue sometimes turning the toliet water pink, sometimes little blood clots come out just like when you have your period . It only hurts when im using the bathroom and that the only time it bleeds.

I've been having this problem the past few days. It is possible that there is a tear causing it, but what would have caused the tear happened about two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if that is the cause of it. I'm an 18 y/o guy.

Maybe it's fissure, FISSURE cause PAIN AND AFTER BOWEL MOVEMENT , IF PAIN DURING BOWEL MOVEMENT AND BLOOD MOST LIKELY
BUT I THINK AND THIS IS MOST LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE HEMORRHOID INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL OR BOTH.
YOU WILL NEED TO SEE A DOC FOR EXAMINATION AND ANURECTOSCOPY.
IF THEY ARE SEEN TREATMENT MEDICAL OR SURGICAL WILL RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

hey im 18 and experiencing blood too it does not hurt or itch or anything just blood comes every time i go to the toilet i am very scared as i have left it untreated because i thought it would go away on its own im far too scared to see a doctor as im very uncomfortable about my body anybody have any advice i could do myself? thanks :-)

I have this problem too, I went to the docs to make sure it wasn't any thing serious and was told it was just a wee cut! You should definitely go and get it checked out, its unlikely to be cancer at your age!

It only took her about 30 secs to tell me what it was so its only 30 secs of an uncomfortable situation.

She also give me some cream to help cure it.

first off, let me say that im a gay male. i have 2 hemorrhoids or anal fissures, dunno which its considered. what i am about to tell you is not a joke and i assure you, i am no 'size queen'. k heres what happend. i was about to bottom for this guy and.. omg . dont laugh, but i slipped right before i was about to relax it in and i lost ballance and fell fast on his d!@% and the 'lips' of my anus went all the way to the base of his 'wang' in like the blink of an eye, and it split me a little (vertically). so there was one tiny slit on the bottom of my anus and one tiny slit on the top of my anus. both of which painfully developed into a hemmorhoid looking thing (neither inner, nor outer really, its definately in between because the tears were right on the 'ring' or 'sphincter', opposite eachother, vertically like this Code:

:

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

). its been two yrs now and i still havent done anything about it because im a bottom sexually and dont want the needed procedure to leave me with bad looking scars down there. sux too cuz this was my 4th time having anal sex. i know i need to go to the doctor. but can anybody tell me what i have. are they two anal fissures or are they two anal hemmorhoids. and ive heard that the procedures leave you looking fugly and/or you'll lose some of your ability to tighten that area at will. is there like some cosmetic surgery for this particular area. im so worried. i will see a doctor when i have the money. but in the meantime can anybody tell me any info about this. like what exact procedure would i need. maybe send a link if you can. any help would really really really be the only bright side of my sex life since this unfortunate fall. thnx.

I've been having this issue as well, i gave birth a couple months ago and they said i looked fine but i was still getting pain during a bm and a little blood after (but yesterday was more than normal) so im going with fissure and getting checked by a doctor. thanks! 20 yo f

Ive had this problem too, i noticed a dab of blood on the tp aftr a bm after i played with my butt. im almost sure i over streched it when i did that because i tryed to see how meny fingers i could get in there. but a couple times i had a bm after that i rubbed my butt pretty hard with tp to make sure that there was no blood but when i rubbed hard i noticed a little dab pf blood again. ive resently tryed to whipe softer and ever since then i havnt noticed any blood. so im pretty sire it was jusr over streched and i keep opening the cut up again.

P.S. im a 15 year old male