For the last year ive been having this itch on my anus. It usued to be really bad but i8ve been using preeration H on it and it seems to be respondoing to that. I also found a small amount of blood on my toilet paper after having a bowel movment. Somtimes when i have a bowel movement it seems to get irritated. Does this sound like a hemerroid. The itching is really not that bad right now as I am using the preperation h, am i doing the right thing?

Health Advisor
I suppose you are doing the right thing since you are having very good respond. You may also decide to see a doc and have this checked. It sure does sound like hemorrhoids with the itching and bleeding. Luckily you don’t have any problems with bowel movements!

I think it would be wise to have it checked because if you didn’t have pain with BM, there could be an anal fissure as well, a cut in the area that may also bleed, so I reckon it would be wise to have it checked. This of course means that you will have to put up with someone inserting their finger up to your butt, but it doesn’t last very long.

If you can’t feel any bumps, you may have internal hemorrhoids.

I am not sure if Preparation H will help you get rid of it but it may help you lose symptoms for the time being.

well i dont really mind the finger thing, me and my doc are tight but An anal fissure could be probable ey? I have noticed a buldge around my anus could that be the hemmeroid? Well anyways i will contiue my treatment and thank you so much for the help.

If you can see your anus and its buldging with a little redish/purple lump, then yes that would be an external hemorrhoid, the bleeding is probably a internal hemorrhoid.
Externals usally dont bleed.
Whiping also can irratate your hemmorrhoid, if they are really sore, after a BM dont whipe and just wash in the shower :-)
If there was alot of blood, which can happen with internal hemmorrhoid, just see your doctor, you might have to go on a stool softener which will decrease the pressure.
Things that can make your hemmorrhoids worse are setting for long peroids of time excess straining pushing in your BM.
Also hot baths 3 times or more a day with episons salts works wonders :-)