Guys, so I really need to find as much as I can about recurrent vaginal yeast infection. What this is and why I have it? What this means for me and for my future life? maybe I am overreacting, but I am scared and I can't help it. So, I really need some natural treatment options, I really don't want to use any type of antibiotics because I hate it. I always have some side - effects and I can't handle them anymore. I know that I might act childish, but I just want something natural and normal. And helpful, of course. 

Health Guru

Antibiotics won't do anything for a yeast infection other than make it worse, yeast is a fungus and antibiotics won't kill that!

Really? So, why everytime when I had some problems with my vagina, with certain infections, etc, my gynecologist prescribed antibiotics for me? Now when I take look back, I can't say did I saw some progress, as I healed, I don't know. Can't tell. Maybe it was a jo-jo effect because I wanted to be healed. Anyway, I also have heard that, if you are taking antibiotics as well, you should drink some yogurt or something like that, to make the balance with fungs or something like that? Am I right? And what is the best treatment in this case indeed?

Health Guru

Antibiotics destroy bacteria, your vagina is full of bacteria of different strains that keep the pH of it balanced and healthy, taking antibiotics kill those bacteria off causing the pH in the vagina to change there for letting the fungus that causes yeast to take over, drinking yogurt would have little effect as the bacteria from it would just remain in the gut and not travel to the blood stream, the best way to introduce bacteria into the vagina is to get a natural unsweetened yogurt dip a tampon in it then insert into the vagina for 2 to 3 hours and after 4 or 5 days of doing that it should build the levels up to where it can fight a yeast infection again, always make sure the yogurt is natural as flavored contain sugar what yeast will feed on.
A lot of woman find that when they have bacteria vaginosis they are given antibiotics to get rid of it end up with yeast infections with in a week after, its just how finely tuned our bodies are.

Well, then I can say that I had a problem with this. When I had a yeast infection for the first time, my doctor recommended antibiotics to me. I believed that this is the only proper thing so I was never wondering is this good or bad. I don't remember how I was healed, quickly or not, but I do remember that I had some ugly smell, it was not fishy, but t was like this battery or infection was still there. I tried to heal it with some natural treatments and I think I did it. Why do even doctors recommend antibiotics in the first place? Because I am sure that they do know about this...

You have pretty much a similar topic in this forum, so you can take a look and study them carefully. Also, I agree with a blankcanvas002 opinion about this, antibiotics won't help. But I still think that you can try some probiotic supplements as well.  They may offer a natural solution to yeast infection and the good thing is that these are available in pharmacies and health stores, so you don't need a prescription for them. Also, some brands of probiotic supplements sell specially formulated products for female reproductive health and they do have this one aim - to restore the balance of bacteria and yeast in the vagina. You take them orally or put them into the vagina. 

hi. listen, when you have a recurrent vaginal infection, there are a couple of ways how to treat it. there are actually so many medications that can be purchased over-the-counter or by prescription. they usually come in various forms, including vaginal creams, suppositories, and tampons as well. so, you should consult with someone who is professional in this area, I am also sure that a pharmacy worker can help you as well. usually, when you start with some therapy, you need to know that you have to use it for seven days. also, my advice for you is to avoid synthetic underwear, switch to cotton in the future, that is the best way to prevent this.

So, it definitely happened what I was scared of. After yeast infection didn't go away, I went to see my doctor again and I told him that I have tried to use so many natural remedies, he told me that he needs to prescribe some antibiotics for me, in order to treat it. I told him everything that I know about the antibiotics for yeast infection treatment, and he told me that if I am the smartest one, I should never have come to consult him. Now, I can say that I am really desperate and I am scared that this can become even worse if I don't treat it. I really don't want to wait for this to go away alone.

I am sorry to hear this. Maybe you should seek another opinion, maybe some other doctor can do tests all over again. I also would recommend you to drink a lot of tea, because they can help you. Also, I know that the recommended first treatment for these yeast infections includes vaginal medicines for 7 to 14 days, not antibiotics. So, I think that this would heal your problem and this first treatment is then followed by at least 6 months of maintenance therapy, so that is why you need to seek another doctors opinion to tell you what the best treatment is for you.