Help!!

I'm 18 and about two weeks ago I woke up with a sore throat and I felt like i had a lump in my throat on the right I looked and it looked like the tonsil on the right side was swollen. I gargeled warm salt water for a week and it seemed to clear up, Well this morning I woke up and I had the same feeling all over again and this time it was slightly worse. I looked in my throat and the tonsil looks swollen all over again and my uvula is swollen a little to.

I have had the same symptoms from tonsillitis, which you can chronically get meaning that it can always come back even if you do treat it, and it won't go away if you do no treat it either. It can get very swollen to the point of feeling as if you can't even swallow, or eat. Not to be graphic or anything, but I always had to spit, and when I did white puss came out in my spit. If this is the case, then all you need to do is go to the emergency room at the hospital and get medications for it. And it will disappear within a week. I have had it twice in my life time, I am 21 now. It sucks, and is very painful. Sometimes if medication does not work, you have to go in to get your tonsils taken out, but mostly the medication works. Also if you are sexually active, or even if your not and still give or receive oral sex, then you should get checked out too. It could be a treatable STD. Not judging you, just trying to help. You should get checked out immediately.

Well the past few days I've stuck to basically a liquid diet.. soups and such but if i try solid food like a piece of bread it feels like it just gets stuck and makes me gag.. And i've been spitting as well but there doesn't look like there is alot of puss. Also I am fairly sure its not an STD because I've never had sex or oral sex . I have a doctors appointment for tomorrow so hopefully I will end up only on medication.. I do not like the idea of people cutting on me...

I understand....I don't like the idea of it either, but good luck hope everything turns out okay

:-D Good news.. Its not tonsilitis.. But i'm thinking about getting a second opinion because I really dont trust the Doctor my family goes too. %-) .