For 5 days I had a terrible sore throat on my left side only. My ear, neck, jaw, and tonsil hurt so bad when I swallowed. Its gone now but yesterday I just started gagging out of no where. It felt like I was swallowing my tonsil. I went and looked in the mirror with a flashlight and there is a fleshy growth the size of a ladybug growing off the side of my tonsil. I can move it around, and there is really no feeling there. It is very irritating though every time I swallow I gag. Has anyone ever had anything like this??? I have an ENT appt. in a week but I am very worried about it I dont know if I can wait that long.

What did youfind out? I have one on the bottom of my left tonsil hurts to swallow.

it is possible that you have tonsil stones, most people have them and don't even know it, I have them and had a similar situation, do you have a smell in the back of your throat does your tonsil smell bad?

yeah, I def have tonsil stones, but then there's this lump on the bottom of my tonsil (size of a kidney bean I would say) -- I went to ENT in 2008 and he said it was part of my tonsil; that being said, it is more firm than the tonsil itself... it hasn't changed in color or size, I'm sure it's lymph gland like tonsils, but the other tonsil doesn't have this ... he said it's just elongated... I don't know how he could know this - but I've always had trouble with my tonsils, and have had tonsilolithss