I have this lump growing on my tonsil does any one know what it might be, ive suffereded invections on them for years but never seen anything like this and am a little worried, thanks. the lump is growing out of my tonsle like a brach on a tree it goes half way aross my throat its the same color as my tonsil Pink, i do have a pic but cant work out how to put it on here. thanks

It’s quite common when you suffer from respiratory infections that your tonsils start to react to all the inflammations they went through. From what you describe, it sounds to me like you have started to develop tonsil stones. They basically are formed from all the bacteria which collect in the tonsils. They are totally harmless and most common in people who have sinus or throat issues where they have a lot of mucus running down the back of their throat. It also could be a cyst that formed because of the basically the same reason – recurring infections. So, it would be wise to see your doctor about possible treatment.

I have had my share of tonsilliths and have been able to extract them, but I have had this small lump deep in my right tonsil that I can't push out. It came on during a sore throat and hasn't gone away. It doesn't hurt, so I haven't ask my Dr. about it yet. It has been there about two years now I actually forget its there. If it is a small, painless, cyst, can it be a tickin time bomb for something serious?