I have just discovered a rather small red mole on my left shoulder. I discovered it because it itched. I then realized that an area at the base of my neck adjacent to mole is swollen and feels like fluid retention. Any ideas? Please.

Thank you,
Jerrie

Hi there,

The moles are in most cases benign and they will cause no threat to your skin or the rest of your body. However some moles can be problematic and they can cause problems. If there are cancerous cells in the mole you will have to remove it. Even if you have other problems with the mole you will have to have a surgery and remove the mole in order to prevent any other complications that can occur. How long have you been having this problem? Have you seen your doctor yet? You can do a biopsy of the mole in order to see if everything is fine with the mole. I hope this helped a bit.  

Best wishes,

Marco