Hello, folks. A good friend of mine is going to Reiki. I really don’t know what it is. I just know that it helps her a lot. She has been experiencing a lot of stress on her work and at home. Ever since she tried this, she feels better. I would like to know what Reiki really is. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Reiki is a relaxation technique. It is a traditional Japanese technique. I know several people that have benefits from it. It helped them to relax and relieve from stress. It has several practices. One of them is whole body treatment. There are also localized treatment, spiritual practice, self treatment, group treatment, etc. Reiki is simply one of relaxation techniques for anxiety and many other stressors. It can also be used as additional treatment in emotional, mental or physical diseases. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Health Advisor
I only had one reiki session and I relaxed so much that I fell asleep :-)
A friend who had regular sessions said that falling asleep happened regularly for her during the sessions.