hey... janet here.. I'm 5'8 about 220 lbs.. and ive been trying real hard to lose weight now for almost 8 months... i just had a baby girl a little over a year ago.. and during my pregnancy i gained a tonnnn of weight and much of it stuck with me after she was born, and since then the hubby has been bothering me non stop about my new weight problem... so after a few months of that, it really started getting to me, plus summer is about here- and i love the beach! So i decided to try and do something about it... ive tried almost every diet system out there... south beach, atkins, slimfast, weight watchers, etc... and nothing so far has really worked well for me.... But ive recently come across this diet that a couple of my girlfriends put me onto that said worked amazing for them like nothing else has.... so i checked it out, it looks really good and they hav a full money back guarentee.. and im thinking about signing up for it.. but i first wanted to get some 3rd or 4th opinions on it... fatloss.pcti-system is the name Has anyone ever personally tried this program?? Any advice comments opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!

**edited by moderator**

Hi Sister of the Rotund!!!! ;-) 8-| XD I'm sure you've heard this before but what does the 1st 3 letters of Diet spell? THUS the reason why they don't work! And if they do it is just for a short time. I haven't tried your girlfriends way, but I have tried Grapefruit, Cabbage, Bannanas, Soup, Toast, Scarsdale, Atkins, WW, and of course the NOTHING diet. I still look the same. The only thing that has EVER worked for me was exercising more than I was taking in. You, I, everyone on this site, and my dogs know what we should and shouldn't eat right? So UNFORTUNATELY that chocolate cake I ate yesterday, isn't going to go away itself!!! DARN IT!!!! XD The other thing I want to tell you is this, sometimes it can take a LONG time to loose babyweight. I still have mine and my kids are 16 and 13 - THAT'S YEARS, not months LOL XD :$ So in my "expert" opinion, I think that you might be having problems because it is not YOU that is ready to loose weight! It is your husband. You can NEVER do anything for someone else, you are only in charge of yourself!!! I was barraged for years - for my own good that is ;-) - by my parents to loose weight. "You would be such a pretty girl if you lost half yourself!!!!!" XD etc. etc. And it never worked till I WAS READY to loose weight. If diets worked- ALL THE TIME, WW's, Jenny Craig, et al would be living in regular houses not mansions! If that bloody wrinkle cream actually worked from Avon or Mary Kay, they would be broke after me and everyone else only need 1 TUBE!!! So don't beet yourself up, let it come to you. I wish you luck and feeling good about yourself! And IF this site works for you, let me know!

I feel for you because being overweight can be very difficult emotionally and physically. I think your best bet rather than trying to find a bunch of diets is to start exercising instead. As for your diet, what I tell people to do is to try cooking for themselves as much as possible. When you do, you avoid all the butter that most restaurants use and then you also avoid all the high-fructose corn syrup and saturated & trans fats that most fast food places use. And in that case, you start to lose weight when coupled with exercise. It's much easier than remembering a diet and all its rules.

I understand your problem but diet is only the answer when you are talking about eating healthy. reduce your intake and live your normal life and in time the weight will come off. The most important thing that you can do is work to get your pH balance between 7.0 and 7.3 to become healthy. if your bowels move only once a day that is a huge problem. You need to have two or even three bowel movements every day. If your body can not get rid of the waste then it gets stored.

pH balance - check a couple times a week. Lipness paper/pool test kit :-|
Good bowel action
less intake
healty foods - greens, fruits, etc. We eat onlky fruit for breakfast, greens for lunch, and a healthy diner. We are both H/W proportonal

good luck.

Rob & Doll

While I do agree with a lot of the information that has been posted here in terms of helping you lose weight, I do think that it's not entirely true that it's a huge problem if your bowels move only once per day. That is typical for most people and it's not unhealthy for a person to have a movement once per day. TWo or three times a day is more indicative of an extremely high fiber diet but it is not any healthier than moving bowels once per day. Your advice otherwise is fairly helpful.

Just dieting won't help you lose weight fast. You need to workout too. Pick a sport that you like and start practicing it.
Also don't hop from diet to diet. Pick one and stick with it until you get some results.
I for one am on the side of eating healthy (lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and steaks from time to time) and working out. The best way to get fit in my opinion.