hey... janet here.. I'm 5'8 about 220 lbs.. and ive been trying real hard to lose weight now for almost 8 months... i just had a baby girl a little over a year ago.. and during my pregnancy i gained a tonnnn of weight and much of it stuck with me after she was born, and since then the hubby has been bothering me non stop about my new weight problem... so after a few months of that, it really started getting to me, plus summer is about here- and i love the beach! So i decided to try and do something about it... ive tried almost every diet system out there... the standard eat less-exercise more diet, south beach, atkins, slimfast, weight watchers, etc... and nothing so far has really worked well for me.... But ive recently come across this diet that a c0uple of my girlfriends put me onto that said worked amazing for them like nothing else has.... so i checked it out, it looks really good and they hav a full money back guarentee.. and im thinking about signing up for it.. but i first wanted to get some 3rd or 4th 0pinions on it... .. Has anyone ever personally tried this program?? Any advice comments opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I haven't tried that diet, but after having my kids I couldn't shed as easily as I thought. So I did the Rice Diet program from Duke that I had done back in my college days in 1980's. I got the book from the public library system. It is a very simple boring diet that tells you exactly what to eat. But if you follow the plan YOU WILL LOSE weight. I started at 150 pounds and lost 8 pounds the first week so you would probably lose more. I lost 25 pounds and kept if off for 10 years. The only requirement is that YOU need to want to do this and be committed. Forget about what your husband is saying. If you are ready to do the work and follow the plan it does work. You also have to exercise. I did 25 minutes/day of aerobics and the pounds just came off. After about a month of discipline, I started counting calories and did my own diet with different foods. I think the key also is to not give up if you "cheat" at a meal and eat more calories that you expected. Just realize you are jeopardizing you weightloss, but don't binge the rest of the day because you did not following the diet exactly. Finally, the weightloss does not come off over night so be patient. REMEMBER always to check with your doctor to make sure that any diet you decide to do it okay! Good Luck!

Hi RSDA, can you tell me more about the Rice Diet? I haven't heard anything about it and I'd like to learn more if you can tell me more about it. Thanks!

Like any diet, you are limiting your calories and with the Rice Diet you are told what to eat. I must say, it is a very boring diet, but that is one of the premises. They suggest not to use condiments so that food is boring and you are eating to live and not the other way around. I have done the diet twice. Once in college and then 15 years later after my kids were born. Basically, the diet is divided into weeks. If I remember correctly, the first week you eat fruits and rice. The second week you substitute a fruit portion with tomatoes, onions, and green peppers. The 3rd week you substitute rice for chicken. The diet continues to change so that you can adapt to eating various different foods. I think you eat 2 fruits in am, 2 fruits and 3/4 cup rice for lunch, and the same for dinner. I just can't remember the exact amount of the foods allowed. All I can say is that it worked for me becasue I stuck to it. :-D

Well you've got a point. That's the reason why diets either succeed or fail, is usually because people either stick to them or they don't. It sounds interesting although I'm not interested in losing weight right now but people usually ask me about it so I appreciate the info. Thanks!