I had rhinoplasty suregery 4 weeks ago. My nose looks no different than it did before the surgery. Everyone keeps asking me if I changed my mind and didn't get it done. My doctor keeps telling me that it is "swelling" and it will go down. I know that there is no swelling in the bridge and top of my nose. I can feel the bone. I don't think he is willing to fix it or admit that it is no better. I have already paid him $8,000 dollars. What should I do?

First off you can not do anything. You should actually releaved that the doctor did not ruin you nose. Swelling can take up to a year to go down.

I'm facing excatly what u r going through. Its been 3 weeks i had my surgery.I dont feel theres much swelling left ,beacuse i feel bone when i touch it and my friends say theres no difference at all in previous and this nose...badd....my doctor says it'll all settle down in 3 months...but i should see the difference atleast...only that lion look as gone better,the tip and sides and as wide as it used to be....so guess its only a waiting game...

I have the same problem you guys I had my rhinoplasty to make my nose narrower and it looks exactly the same....I will try and attach a pic if I can. I had it done on the 19th its now the 23rd, I hope it goes down a LOT more...I wonder if you have narrowing surgery it takes longer to deflate and narrow? Im trying to attach a pic for everyone to see but its impossible to figure out on here. I wish uploading images was easier on this forum [/img]

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, I have the same problem. I've always hated my nose, and am feeling kind of depressed that I paid so much money and went through the procedure for barely any change.

I know that your posts are from 11 months ago but if was wondering if your nose still looks the same. I just got rhinoplasty on dec 12 and my nose looks exactly the same. Doctors say it's swelling but I feel like he didn't shave enough bone. I had a hump and it looks like it's still there. I'm so depressed!!!! Please help!

Your post is from 4 months ago. I had my surgery done two weeks ago, did the exact same as you, removed a hump. My nose looks the same as before, the hump is slightly less noticable, but still very much there. I'm really dissapointed and feel so down. How did your nose heal? Is it better now? Hope to hear back, I feel so alone with my pain.

For me, its almost been six months and I think it looks the same. When your own mother can't tell, there is a problem. I feel ripped off. I saved for so long to not have a result that I wanted. What did you do? What can I do?

Hy,I am now in the same situation,,I have only two weeks and no difference. It past one year since you post here.. Some changes?

I have the same problem. I’m now 2.5 weeks into healing and see very little difference. The pain, recovery time and cost combined - am worried. Dr also said it’s due to swelling but I don’t see it improving. The surgery also triggered benign vertigo for me - so be careful of that. Would like to hear from guests on this forum a year on...