It is now 8 days after rhinoplasty and i really thought i would finally start to see what the new nose will look like. Momentarily i hate it, i so miss my old nose which now, looking back , was nearly perfect. No idea what got into my head to do this and i know that i will never look the same again which is driving me mad. Profile does look a little better but a far cry from the pretty face from the front. Upper lip is so swollen and nose looks massive.
Any idea if gets better in the coming weeks or am i going to have to live with this regret?

You’re expecting too much too soon – 8 days isn’t enough even for the surface swelling to come down, not to mention the fact that even when that happens healing process for this type of procedure is very slow. Did they explain you that before you decided to do it? I’m not sure what kind of changes were you looking for, but rhinoplasty definitely isn’t a quick way to do it. You probably have to come to terms that yes, swelling or possible bruises on lip and nose will disappear in few weeks, but it may take months for full results of procedure to become visible. Just stick to the advices you were given about taking care of the area so at least swelling would disappear. And now you are just near near perfect – rhinoplasty can change the only by only a few millimeters, you’re not so far away from where you have started.