I had the surgery two weeks ago, went back to work 1 week after the 21/2 hr surgery, and am still feeling naseuos, exhausted, and depressed. Is this normal? I am really frustrated with myself. I die by the end of the work day. :-( :-(

I had the exact same surgery in early April with very similar post op experiences. Now I am concerned about the ongoing swelling. How long does this last?

That sounds abnormal after a surgery. I think the exhaustion and depression may be more emotional than physical--although I'm not a doctor so that's just a guess! The nausea might be related to something with your sinuses though. A friend of mine had a botched rhinoplasty and that caused him to be sick for awhile. I'm not saying that you do have a botched surgery, but you should check with your doctor! That definitely does not sound like a typical recovery. I hope that everything is going okay for you.

i had my septo-rhinoplasty 7 days ago and i was having panic attacks and was depressed each day of it. the doctor prescribed me 2.5 mg of valium and its all better now :-)

HI!
Today is day 2 for me. I had sept & rhino. I had too much projection, too much width and it was pretty crooked. It seems unbelievably straight under the splint.
I had pain right after I woke up & they increased my meds. I stayed on top of the pain pills all day & rested. I used Ocean spray & Afrin & that helped keep it moist & clean. I did bleed pretty steadily til that night.
I notice if you bend over even slightly, it increased the bleeding.
I was surprised to sleep through the night on my back. I woke up with a super dry mouth from mouth breathing. A humidifier helped.
No pain at all this morning, just a bit uncomfy. It is super stuffed up (I'm wondering if he put splints inside now) but otherwise, I feel good.
You can see already the difference which is crazy!
good luck!
Lisa

I have been told that I need a septoplasty adn Turbinate surgery, how is your breathing now? I have been huffing nose spray (afrin) since I was like 6 years old. I am 41 now, and looking over the discussions out here I can't tell if it was worth it. I would hate to go through all this pain and still not be able to breath without decongestes and nose spray.
Please let me know thanks.
Laurie